015: Web Accessibility: An a11y Special with Epic Guests
Learn a11y amazingness from the brilliant minds of Leslie, Hugues, and Amberley!
Why a11y matters
- What is web a11y and why do we care?
- JS frameworks/React and a11y
A11y in the developer community
- A11y has become seemingly more popular and more mainstream. Why?
- At the same time, the state of a11y on the web has not really improved (see: WebAIM million).
It's our (collective) job to make the web-accessible.
- How to bake accessibility into your workflow
- How does Netlify test for accessibility while building the product? (see blog post)
- Accessibility as acceptance criteria
- How does Netlify prioritize accessibility tech debt?
- How to champion accessibility at work
Where to start?